Movies in the Park start June 7 with Paddington 2
Movies in the Park return to Oswego with even more movie experiences for families.
Thanks to a partnership with the City of Yorkville, Oswego residents will have the regular Movies in the Park season, plus the opportunity to see Moana at Raging Waves Waterpark and a retro drive-in movie showing of Coco at the Park n Ride lot.
Movies in the Park is free to residents, and food trucks will be selling snacks most dates. Films begin at dusk, approximately 8 p.m. The 2018 Movies in the Park season includes:
- Thursday, June 7: Paddington 2. Paddington, now happily settled with the Brown family and a popular member of the local community, picks up a series of odd jobs to buy the perfect present for his Aunt Lucy's 100th birthday, only for the gift to be stolen. Rated ages 6+ by Commonsense Media. Location: Oswego Village Green, 100 Parkers Mill.
- Thursday, June 14: Moana. In Ancient Polynesia, when a terrible curse incurred by the Demigod Maui reaches Moana's island, she answers the Ocean's call to seek out the Demigod to set things right. Rated ages 6+ by Common Sense Media. Location: Raging Waves Water Park. Pre-film activities begin at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, June 28: Wonder. Based on the New York Times bestseller, Wonder tells the incredibly inspiring and heartwarming story of August Pullman, a boy with facial differences who enters 5th grade, attending a mainstream elementary school for the first time. Rated ages 10+ by Common Sense Media. Location: Oswego Village Green, 100 Parkers Mill.
- Thursday, July 19: Up. In this Pixar classic, 78-year-old Carl Fredricksen travels to Paradise Falls in his home equipped with balloons, inadvertently taking a young stowaway. Rated ages 6+ by Common Sense Media. Location: Oswego Village Green, 100 Parkers Mill.
- Thursday, Aug. 2: Coco. Aspiring musician Miguel, confronted with his family's ancestral ban on music, enters the Land of the Dead to find his great-great-grandfather, a legendary singer. Rated ages 7+ by Common Sense Media. Location: Oswego Park n Ride, 1031 Station Drive.
Make a splash at a discounted rate, then see Moana
Join the Village of Oswego and the City of Yorkville for a whole day of fun, with discounted tickets to Raging Waves Waterpark. Purchase general admission (over 48 inches) tickets to Raging Waves for Thursday, June 14, for just $19.99 then stay for the movie, and get a free bag of popcorn. Purchase discounted tickets at www.ragingwaves.com using code MOANA18.
Residents who do not purchase Raging Waves tickets can enter the park for free at 7 p.m. for pre-movie entertainment including a bounce house, princess meet-and-greet and more. Enter at the southwest gate from the parking lot.
Dine N Drive at the Park N Ride
Oswego and Yorkville will also host a retro drive-in movie experience at the Park N Ride lot, on Station Drive in Oswego, for Coco. Bring the family in the convertible for the film, food from area food trucks, and pre-movie family-friendly activities, beginning at 7 p.m.
For more information, including a full calendar of family-friendly events happening all summer long in Oswego, visit www.GoOswego.org.
View All News & Announcements