Participate in the June 23 Village Board Meeting
The Village of Oswego will hold its regularly scheduled Committee of the Whole and Village Board meetings on Tuesday, June 23, including remote public participation in compliance with the statewide Stay at Home Order.
The Committee of the Whole will meet at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, June 23. The Village Board meeting follows at 7 p.m. Village Hall will be opened for the meeting, however, residents are strongly encouraged to watch or participate remotely.
To give a comment at the meetings, you have multiple options:
- Email your comment to email@example.com by 4 p.m. on the day of the meeting. Your comment will be read aloud during the Public Forum portion of the Village Board meeting by a Village staff member.
- Give your comment live by phone. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630-554-3259 by 4 p.m. on the day of the meeting, and leave your name, address, phone number, and the topic on which you’d like to speak. Our staff will call you during the meeting and will put you on speakerphone so that you can give your comment live. Please be by your phone when the meeting begins at 7 p.m. Staff will let the line ring four times before moving onto the next speaker.
- You may also still give public comment in person. Residents are strongly encouraged to stay home and participate remotely, however, they may also attend the meeting in person. If attending, members of the public are required to stay six feet from any other person in the room.
To watch the meeting from home, you have two options:
- Watch the webinar live at StreamUS.oswegoil.org. You’ll see those elected officials, staff members, and other participants who are attending remotely.
- Watch the livestream at http://www.oswegoil.org/government/village-board/agendas.aspx. Scroll down to Upcoming Events. Once the meeting begins, an In Progress link will appear. Click on it to watch the meeting. You’ll see those elected officials, staff members, and other participants who are attending in person at Oswego Village Hall.
- Join our meeting by phone call. Call (312) 626-6799 just prior to the meeting. When prompted, enter passcode 508 193 215 from your phone. You’ll hear the audio of the meeting through our webinar service.
As always, those giving public comment are asked to abide by the Village’s civility code, which is available here.
In March, Illinois Gov. Pritzker announced a temporary change to the state’s Open Meetings Act that waives the requirement that a physical quorum of elected officials be present to hold a public meeting. Remote participation for elected officials, staff, and the public is expected to continue until the order is lifted.
For more information about public participation at meetings during the COVID-19 crisis, contact Village Clerk Tina Touchette at 630-554-3259 or email@example.com.
Get updates as they happen
Residents are also encouraged to follow the Village of Oswego on Facebook (@VillageofOswego) and Twitter (@OswegoIL60543) for to-the-minute updates. You can also subscribe to Village of Oswego emails by visiting oswegoil.org and clicking on E-mail Alerts.
View All News & Announcements