Village of Oswego
Contact Us:

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Movies in the Park start Thursday, June 6

 Love catching a movie in the great outdoors? Oswego’s Movies in the Park series returns starting Thursday, June 6, with outdoor movie experiences that are fun for the whole family.

Thanks to a partnership with the City of Yorkville, Oswego residents will have the regular Movies in the Park season, plus the opportunity to see Incredibles 2 at Raging Waves Waterpark and a retro drive-in movie showing of The Greatest Showman at the Park N Ride lot.

Movies in the Park is free to residents, and food or treat vendors will be selling snacks most dates. Films begin at dusk, approximately 8 p.m. Unless otherwise noted, outside food and non-alcoholic beverages are welcome.

Parking is free, based upon availability.

The 2019 Movies in the Park season includes:

  • Thursday, June 6: Incredibles 2 at Raging Waves.  The Incredibles hero family takes on a new mission, which involves a change in family roles: Mr. Incredible must manage the house while his wife Helen, a.k.a. Elastigirl, goes out to save the world. Rated ages 8+ by Commonsense Media. Location: Raging Waves Water Park. Pre-film activities begin at 6:30 p.m. Please note: No outside food or beverages are allowed at this location, however, the Hungry Croc Restaurant will be open for service.
  • Thursday, June 20: The Secret Life of Pets. The quiet life of a terrier named Max is upended when his owner takes in Duke, a stray whom Max instantly dislikes. Rated ages 6+ by Common Sense Media. Location: Oswego Village Hall, 100 Parkers Mill.
  •  Thursday, July 18: Mary Poppins Returns. Decades after her original visit, the magical nanny returns to help the Banks siblings and Michael's children through a difficult time in their lives. Rated ages 6+ by Common Sense Media. Location: Oswego Village Hall, 100 Parkers Mill.
  •  Thursday, August 8: The Greatest Showman at the Dine N Drive. This musical biopic about the life of PT Barnum celebrates the birth of show business and tells of a visionary who rose from nothing to create a spectacle that became a worldwide sensation. Rated ages 10+ by Common Sense Media. Location: Oswego Park N Ride, Station Drive.  There is limited visibility in some locations; lawn chairs recommended.

Make a splash at a discounted rate, then see Incredibles 2

Join the Village of Oswego and the City of Yorkville for a whole day of fun, with discounted tickets to Raging Waves Waterpark. Purchase general admission (over 48 inches) tickets to Raging Waves for Thursday, June 6, for just $15.99 then stay for the movie, and get a free bag of popcorn. Purchase discounted tickets at using code INCREDIBLES19. This special cannot be combined with any other promos or discounts. The ticket and popcorn voucher are only valid on Thursday, June 6.

Movie-goers who do not purchase Raging Waves tickets can enter the park for free at 6:30 p.m. for pre-movie entertainment including a bounce house, DJ, and more. Enter at the southwest gate from the parking lot.

Dine N Drive at the Park N Ride

Oswego and Yorkville will also host a retro drive-in movie experience at the Park N Ride lot, on Station Drive in Oswego, for The Greatest Showman. Bring the whole family to watch the film from your car, plus enjoy food from area food trucks, and pre-movie family-friendly activities, beginning at 7 p.m.

For more information, including a full calendar of family-friendly events happening all summer long in Oswego, visit


Following major storm events, contractors will arrive in a community and go door-to-door or make phone calls to try to earn your business making home repairs. While many of these businesses do fine work, some unscrupulous companies may overcharge, perform substandard work, or not complete the work at all. The Village of Oswego requires permitting of most kinds of contracted work that is needed after major storms, and also requires companies soliciting this kind of work to register with the Village.

Q: Who should I hire to fix my damage?

A: Trust your instincts and do your homework. Many companies will be trying to get your work. Take your time, ask lots of questions and check their ratings and reputation by calling references or researching them online – a simple Google search will bring up others’ experiences. Ask for a written, itemized estimate and comparison shop between contractors. If something doesn’t seem right to you, there are many other companies that can perform similar work. The Village of Oswego DOES NOT endorse any contractors, and no contractors should be advertising as endorsed by or affiliated with the Village.


Q: What work do I need to get a permit for?

 A: Permits help ensure that code standards are followed for your home improvement and are required for most types of alterations and repairs. Some examples include: roofs, siding, windows, doors, fences, decks, sheds, gazebos, air conditioners, water heaters, changes to or replacement of driveways, sidewalks, changes to or replacement of electric, gas, plumbing, and mechanical systems as well as remodeling, additions, new construction, demolition and more. See the Building & Zoning website at for applications and more information.


Q: Do I have to have a contractor?

A: No, you can do your own work on your property if you are capable. Permits and inspections are still required on projects when the work is done by the owner-occupant.


Q: Does my contractor need to be registered?

A: Yes, all contractors must be registered. Registration applications, information and requirements are available at the Building & Zoning counter at Oswego Village Hall, 100 Parkers Mill, Oswego, or on our webpage,


Q: Are permit applications available on your website?

A: Yes, most of our forms, applications, and information are available as PDFs on our webpage at


Q: Do companies need permits to sell door to door?

A: Yes. Solicitors’ permits are required to go door to door. Applications and processing are performed by the Oswego Police Department, 3355Wooley Road, Oswego. If a contractor comes to your door, you may ask to see their permit to ensure they are registered. You may report unregistered solicitors to Oswego Police at 630-551-7300.


Q: What are the specific requirements for my project and where do these requirements come from?

A: Oswego follows the 2009 International Code Council Codes with local amendments to ensure that home improvement and repair projects meet internationally recognized standards for safety. Summary handouts, which give more detailed specifications that your project must meet, are available for most of the types of permits listed above.


Q: How long will it take to get a permit?

A: Most permits are processed and approved in 10 business days or fewer. Roofs, water heaters, A/C replacement, and other minor permits may be as fast as 48 hours depending on the complexity of the project and how many permits are in process.


Q: How much does a permit cost?

A: Permit prices are set by Village Ordinance to be a sliding scale based on complexity and scope. Most permits start at $96.00 and increase from there. Combining work to be done at the same time under the same permit and review process can save you money.


Q: When do I pay for the permit?

A: You pay when the review is done and the permit is ready to be picked up.


Q: How do I know if the contractor got a permit, and what do I do if my contractor gets the permit?

A: A yellow permit card is required to be plainly visible on the property while the work is being done until the final inspection is complete. Follow up to be sure the project passed the final inspection. Your contractor should provide you with a copy of the final inspection report. If not, you may request one from the Village.


Q: Do I need a permit to put a contractor’s sign in the yard?

A: No, but there are some rules. Temporary signs must be freestanding, set back at least 10 feet from the lot line, not taller than six feet, and not illuminated. Signs can go up no earlier than three days before the project begins and must be taken down five days after the completion of the project or the expiration of the building permit. In residential lots, signs can be no bigger than 6 sq. ft., with a maximum of one sign in each yard fronting a street. In commercial lots, signs can be no bigger than 3 sq. ft. with a maximum of one sign per contractor per street frontage.


Still have questions?

Talk to a live person by calling the Building & Zoning Department at 630-551-2312. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Or visit the Building & Zoning website at


A downloadable version of this document is available here.

Committee of the Whole - CANCELED

Village Board - CANCELED

View All Events