2017 Oswego Christmas Walk
Friday, Dec. 1st | Presented by Jewel-Osco
This year’s Christmas Walk, presented by Jewel-Osco, will be bigger and better than ever, with more activities for all ages to ring in the holidays in Oswego’s beloved tradition.
- The Tree Lighting Ceremony has returned to the night of the Christmas Walk! Join Village President Gail Johnson and friends for a traditional village tree lighting ceremony at 5:30 p.m. at Village Hall.
- Warm up with traditional Christmas stories told around the fireplace and live music inside Village Hall all evening.
Download your Christmas Walk Program
2017 Christmas Walk programs are now available! Download yours by clicking here, or pick one up at businesses throughout Oswego all this week!
Returning to the Christmas Walk this year are some of Oswego’s most beloved traditions:
- Illuminated Silent Fire Truck Parade – Fire trucks will usher in the holidays by lighting up Main Street at 7:30 p.m.
- Meet Santa – Visit Santa at The Garden Faire from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Bring your camera to capture that special moment. With holiday music performed by the Fox River Academy of Music & Art.
- Taste of Oswego – Visit local and visiting food vendors along Main Street and throughout the event.
- Toyland Train Rides – Take a ride on our trackless train. The train stops on Main at Jackson and VanBuren and it’s free for all ages to hop on board.
- Belgian Draft Horse Wagon Rides – Meet the horses and take a ride around Village Hall for free.
- Ice Carving Demonstrations – Watch the artists from Chicago Ice Works create a dazzling display out of ice before your eyes.
- Sledding Hill – Snow or no, go sledding on our giant inflatable slide. Free.
- Faux Ice Skating Rink – Whether it’s delightfully chilly or unseasonably warm, our faux ice skating rink is open and free for all ages.
And on Saturday Morning…
- Breakfast with Santa -- Brought to you by Allied First Bank, the Oswego Family YMCA and Oswego Rotary Club, breakfast will be held at the Oswego Family YMCA from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Tickets are $5 each and include pancake breakfast, pictures with Santa, children’s games, crafts and a cake walk. We’ll also be collecting Coats for Kendall – bring coats, hats, mittens and gloves.
- Cookie Walk – Buy your tin for $10 at participating stores in the week leading up to the event, then visit downtown shops and get a freshly baked cookie at each shop.
And there’s much more to come! Check back for updates, and look for the free 2017 Christmas Walk Program at shops all over downtown Oswego in the weeks leading up to the Christmas Walk.
Thank you to our sponsors!
This year's Christmas Walk will happen thanks to the support of our generous sponsors, including Jewel-Osco, Allied First Bank, Ron Westphal Chevrolet, Temple Display, Kane McKenna, Alarm Detection Systems, GA Blocker, Metronet, Old Second Bank, State Sen. Linda Holmes and State Rep. Stephanie Kifowit, Metropolitan Industries, Hennessy's River View Ford, Meade, Frost Electric, HR Green, S&K Excavating and Trucking, Portillo's, Ancel Glink, Fox Matro Water Reclamation, State Rep. Mark Batinick, Clarke, KR&G Excavating, Meijer, 1st Place Rental, Imagination Print and Design, Herc Rentals, Groot, Lakeshore Recycling Systems, Home Depot, Target, and the Kendall County Record.
For questions about the 2017 Christmas Walk, please contact Jenette Sturges, Community Engagement Coordinator, 630-551-2392 or firstname.lastname@example.org.