2017 Christmas Walk
"Home for the Holidays"
This year’s Christmas Walk will be bigger and better than ever, with more activities for all ages to ring in the holidays in Oswego’s beloved tradition.
- The Tree Lighting Ceremony has returned to the night of the Christmas Walk! Join Village President Gail Johnson and friends for a traditional village tree lighting ceremony at 5:30 p.m. at Village Hall.
- Warm up with traditional Christmas stories told around the fireplace and live music inside Village Hall all evening.
Returning to the Christmas Walk this year are some of Oswego’s most beloved traditions:
- Illuminated Silent Fire Truck Parade – Fire trucks will usher in the holidays by lighting up Main Street at 7:30 p.m.
- Meet Santa – Visit Santa at The Garden Faire from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Bring your camera to capture that special moment. With holiday music performed by the Fox River Academy of Music & Art.
- Taste of Oswego – Visit local and visiting food vendors along Main Street and throughout the event.
- Toyland Train Rides – Take a ride on our trackless train. The train stops on Main at Jackson and VanBuren and it’s free for all ages to hop on board.
- Belgian Draft Horse Wagon Rides – Meet the horses and take a ride around Village Hall for free.
- Ice Carving Demonstrations – Watch the artists from Chicago Ice Works create a dazzling display out of ice before your eyes.
- Sledding Hill – Snow or no, go sledding on our giant inflatable slide. Free.
- Faux Ice Skating Rink – Whether it’s delightfully chilly or unseasonably warm, our faux ice skating rink is open and free for all ages.
And on Saturday Morning…
- Breakfast with Santa -- Brought to you by the Oswego Family YMCA and Oswego Rotary Club, breakfast will be held at the Oswego Family YMCA from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Tickets are $5 each and include pancake breakfast, pictures with Santa, children’s games, crafts and a cake walk. We’ll also be collecting Coats for Kendall – bring coats, hats, mittens and gloves.
- Cookie Walk – Buy your tin for $10 at participating stores in the week leading up to the event, then visit downtown shops and get a freshly baked cookie at each shop.
And there’s much more to come! Check back for updates, and look for the free 2017 Christmas Walk Program at shops all over downtown Oswego in the weeks leading up to the Christmas Walk.
Participate in the Christmas Walk
If your organization or business would like to participate in the 2017 Oswego Christmas Walk, download and complete the 2017 Christmas Walk Vendor Application. Applications and payments are due to Oswego Village Hall by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017. Food vendors must also complete and return the separate 2017 Christmas Walk Food Vendor Application.
If your organization or business will be participating, but does not need space for a booth, please complete the same 2017 Christmas Walk Vendor Application so that we can list your activity in the 2017 Christmas Walk Program for free and let event-goers know what you have to offer. The deadline to return the application is 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017.
Sponsor the Christmas Walk
Spread holiday cheer. The Village of Oswego is now accepting applications to sponsor the Christmas Walk and its various attractions. Your sponsorship will help spread the word about your business or organization, and help to bring a beloved holiday tradition to life. For more information on available sponsorship levels, see the Sponsorship Application. Applications, along with your payment, are due by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017.
Advertise in the Christmas Walk Program
The annual Christmas Walk program is distributed to approximately 3,500 attendees each year in shops throughout downtown in the weeks leading up to the event. To advertise in the 2017 Christmas Walk program, complete and return the Christmas Walk Advertising Form by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017.
For questions about the 2017 Christmas Walk, please contact Jenette Sturges, Community Engagement Coordinator, 630-551-2392 or firstname.lastname@example.org.