Village of Oswego
Contact Us:

Electricity Aggregation 

In July 2018, the Oswego Village Board renewed its commitment to 100 percent renewable energy for residents in the Village, making good on the Village’s mission to respect our environment, while also remaining fiscally responsible. Learn more about your options and how renewable energy works in our electrical grid.  

Where does my electricity come from?

Oswego residents pay ComEd to deliver electricity.  However,  Oswego’s new energy supplier is MC Squared, which will supply renewable energy at the same rate as ComEd’s nonrenewable energy. As always, residents will get their electricity bill through ComEd.

What kind of power will I be using?

MC Squared will generate wind power, and then put that power into the ComEd grid. ComEd cannot route specific power directly to your home.  When wind energy is put into the grid, it is essentially “mixed” with other sources of energy like coal and nuclear. However, by contracting with MC Squared for a 100 percent green energy contract, the Village of Oswego is supporting local wind energy producers, guaranteed by using a system called Renewable Energy Credits.

When you turn on a light, that light will be powered by a combination of wind, coal, nuclear and other sources. Although the dollars you spend on your ComEd bill each month will pay renewable energy producers, it is still  environmentally friendly to reduce energy use, especially during peak times.

Will I be paying more for green energy that I would for fossil fuels?

No. Village staff did comparison shopping and negotiated with electricity suppliers. Our supplier, MC Squared, agreed to supply green energy and price match the rate that ComEd would have charged for supplying non-renewable energy. Oswego residents will pay the same price, but will be supporting the development of non-polluting renewable energy. 

Can I opt out?

Yes. Residents can sign up to use ComEd or any other energy supplier at any time without a penalty. 

Who do I call if I have a problem? 

As always, billing and the electrical system will be handled by ComEd. If you have an issue with your bill, experience an outage, or discover a downed wire or other safety issue, call ComEd at 800-334-7661.

Can I switch to the Village's clean energy supplier if I'm with another company? 

Usually, yes. To enroll in the Oswego Electricity Aggregation program go to (be sure to include the /special at the end of the link) and enter the promo code Oswego. 

You can also contact MC Squared directly at Phone: 877-mc2-POWR (877-622-7697), email them, or visit their site. Be sure to mention that you are an Oswego resident and wish to be signed up under the Oswego Electricity Aggregation program. 

Will someone come to my home to sign me up for clean energy? 

No. You do not need to do anything to be signed up for clean energy. If someone calls or visits your home claiming to be the Village’s energy supplier, you can report them to the Illinois Commerce Commission at