It is the mission of the Village of Oswego’s Information Technology Department to identify, implement and support applications and systems that enhance service delivery, enable employee productivity and to provide leadership in the management and distribution of information by working in partnership with other departments and other entities to utilize technology to further the Village’s goals.
To meet its mission the IT department provides the following services to village departments and offices:
- Offering innovative solutions which enable departments to better accomplish their goals in providing quality services to our citizens.
- Providing technical assistance and advice to the Village Administrator and Department Heads on all Information Technology concerns.
- Operating and maintaining a fiscally sound and reliable communications infrastructure while providing an exceedingly high level of service and support.
- Facilitating interdepartmental involvement in Information Technology decisions.
- Providing Village employees with the best available, most cost effective technology and procedures relating to the field of Information Technology.
- Continuously research new technologies in order to keep improving Information Technology Systems and Processes.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) development and support, and
- Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) support.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
The Village of Oswego began developing its Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technology in early 2000. GIS and related-technologies help village staff manage new development and changes in our infrastructure and natural environment. Visitors may access village GIS data through Internet-based applications and traditional maps.
The goal of the GIS division is to broaden perception and incorporate a geographic perspective into existing workflows and business practices. Through the use of GIS technologies we strive to:
- Improve citizens' access to government
- Effectively manage assets and resources
- Ensure quality and effective decision making
- Improve data accuracy
- Automate workflows, improve production, and increase efficiency
GIS department has created maps that are available to residents and local business.
- Click here to be redirected to the Village’s Online Map Gallery.
The Village of Oswego creates a number of maps for planning, development and engineering purposes. Visitors may download these maps from the Web site free-of-charge. Many of the maps are larger than 8.5" x 11". If you are interested in purchasing a large scale version of a map, please see GIS Data Price list or contact the Community Development Department at (630) 554-3622 for prices and availability.
GIS Data Available
Village GIS data is available free-of-charge to governments, contractors working on village projects and nonprofit agencies. All other interested organizations and/or individuals pay a nominal cost to access GIS data. Click the link below to download the list of GIS data that is currently available for purchase. To purchase data, please contact the Village’s Community Development Department at (630) 554-3622.
GIS/IT Coordinator, Information Technology