The Community Relations Department serves as planner and coordinator of a variety of community events, publications, promotional materials, press releases, website and other written communications for the Village. The Community Relations Manager oversees the Tourism Bureau and the part-time Grant Writer. The Tourism Bureau’s responsibilities include attracting visitors to the community through overnight stays, attractions, dining, shopping and events.
- Communication – Writes, edits and produces promotional material, coordinates the Village Newsletter, press releases, website and brochures for the residents of Oswego.
- Village Events - Coordinates Village of Oswego events and events with various other governmental agencies and the private sector. Events include Wine on the Fox, Celebration of Quilts, Movies in the Park, Market on Main Street (Antique Market), Oswego 4th of July Fireworks, Oswego Beats & Eats, Art of Oswego, Oswego Literary Festival, & Christmas Walk.
- Promote the Village of Oswego as a destination for meetings and conventions and leisure and business travel with an emphasis on overnight stays.
- Design, coordinate and distribute the annual Visitor Guide.
- Grants – works with each Village Department to apply and acquire grants as they become available.
Community Relations Manager