Oswego Committees & Commissions
The purpose of the ECO Commission is to protect and improve our environment for you and for future generations. We are volunteer stewards for the environment.
We seek to:
- Gain input about the environment from our neighbors and community leaders
- Provide good information on the environment
- Involve Oswego leaders in key issues and opportunities
- Increase recycling and reuse through hands-on activities
- Offer ideas on how to improve ordinances and contracts that impact the environment.
ECO’s strategy is to:
- Get people outside to enjoy green spaces, the river and the Oswego environment.
- Further shrink Oswego’s carbon footprint by choosing green energy and green alternatives.
- Minimize solid waste that goes into landfills, by recycling, composting and reuse.
- Secure long-term sources of drinking water for Oswego.
- Increase the value of the Fox River as a recreational and environmental resource.
- Maximize local organic food so healthy food is close at hand.